Everybody loves a good creamy pasta,right?
Pasta is an Italian dish but then very widely adapted all around the globe by different communities and in their own very way. Some like it creamy,some prefer it in a thick red sauce and some prefer it plain simple with the slight drizzle of olive oil and grated cheese on top. My siblings love pasta dishes,mostly Spaghetti with sausages. But then this time I thought why not introduce them to a new range of pasta,the Tagliatelle one. It is very classic just like the Spaghetti and you can vary it with any vegetable or even meat of your choice.You can make it into the carbonara style or in red sauce type,or with spinach and cheese or creamy white sauce with lots of vegetables. Because we normally fast on Mondays – Meat Free Mondays,I had to make something delicious enough for them to slurp their plates. A very nice way to go fully vegetarian and get them to love vegetables as well.You won’t even notice the lack of meat or sausage in your plate.It is as delicious as any other meal.And also it is so quick and easy to make that you won’t have a lot of dishes as well to do after.
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time: 30 mins
- Tagliatelle Pasta (5 Ribbons)
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup of olives
- Bunch of Basil leaves
- Ginger/Garlic finely chopped
- Salt/Pepper to taste
White Sauce :
- 2 tsp of Butter
- 2 tsp of Flour
- 2 cups of Milk
- 1 cup of grated cheddar cheese
- Start off by cutting your bell peppers into chunks each.
- Place on your grilling tray and drizzle with some olive oil on top before putting into the oven.
- Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper as well and place into the oven for about 20 mins.
- Place water to a boil.
- Add salt to the water while on boil.
- When the water has started to boil, add the ribbons to cook.
- After 20 mins, the pasta should be ready and cooked.
- Strain your pasta and drizzle some olive oil and thyme on top for more flavours.
- Set aside and reserve for later use.
- Now for the white sauce.
- Add butter to a pan, followed by the flour and whisk vigourously.
- Then add milk to the roux and before turning off the gas add the grated cheese.
- Stir until all the cheese has melted and turn off the gas.
- Add the pasta to the white sauce and give it a good stir.
- Mix all well together until all the pasta has been evenly coated into the sauce.
- Add the grilled vegetables as well as the olives to the pasta.
- Mix all well together until all the vegetables and olives are well incorporated.
- Serve hot accompanied by a slice of garlic bread or with a mint chilli sauce.
That was very yummy and my siblings loved it so much that they had 2 plates of it. I can’t imagine serving mine whithout a mint-chilli paste. I like to have chilli with everything.For extra health benefits, try a whole grain pasta variety of pasta for dinner. Whole grains provide a healthy mix of nutrients proven to be beneficial in the fight against heart disease, strokes, type 2 diabetes, even obesity.
I love my pasta with red sauce and sausage or even meatballs. But then from time to time we do indulge into something very creamy as comfort meals. How do you love your pasta and do you have some other ways that can make the kids go fully vegetarian also sometimes? I would love to learn your side of doing things and getting everybody into eating healthy.Please do not forget to share and also you can catch more of me on Twitter and Instagram as well.
Come and say Hello there as well!