Looking for something to go along with your roasted chicken?
Then I have the perfect solution here for you with my Velvety Carrot Soup. Besides its creamy texture,it will no doubt leave you greedy for more.Actually you might even drop the idea of having another piece of that chicken at the end. It is also suitable for vegetarians as well as for those who goes meatless on Mondays. I love Meat Free Mondays because in the long run it helps you adopt a better lifestyle. Besides we all know the amazing nutritional values that greens contain. And for a complete meal, one should always include some vegetables. I really can’t picture my plate without vegetables as a side dish. My mum has always been cooking atleast 2 vegetables along with our main. So I guess this is from where I grew this habit. But for today let’s return to the Carrot Soup along with all its nutritional values.
Carrots are considered to be the most crunchy powerfood. Other than their amazing nutritional values and how they fight anemia, carrots also help improve the vision as well as cleanse the body.Packed with a lot of Vitamin A, the latter help flush out toxins from the body.The fibers present in carrots clean out the colon and hasten waste movement. In short carrots bring only good to you and are also the second most used vegetables after potatoes. Whenever I find that we are short of potatoes at home, I just throw in some carrots and make a kind of sauteed potatoes. And the smell is amazing.Sometimes the most nourishing foods are also the most simple and easy to make.
Preparation time : 10 mins
Cooking time : 25 mins
- 2 tsp of Unsalted Butter
- 2 large Carrots sliced or
- 1 large Potato
- 1 diced Onion
- 1 tsp minced ginger
- 2 cups of Vegetable stock or Chicken stock for those non-veg.
- Coriander leaves for garnish
- In a pan or a soup pot,melt 2 tsp of butter.
- Add in 1 tsp of minced ginger as well as your diced onions along with the thyme.
- Keep stirring until your onions turn light brown.
- Then add your sliced carrots along with your 1 cup of diced potatoes.
- Sprinkle a tsp of salt and pepper as they are cooking.
- After having sweat all your vegetables for around 10 mins or so, add in 1/2 a ltr of your vegetable stock or chicken stock.Whichever you prefer but then I wanted mine made from vegetable stock.
- Cover and let it simmer for approx, 20 mins more until the carrots and potatoes are cooked.
- Next pour the soup into the blender a little portion at a time until it is smooth and almost creamy like.Note beware of hot soup,you might burn yourself if it is too hot and if your blender isn’t sealed properly as well.Better let the mixture cool down a little before blending.
- After all has been blended, pour the mixture in your pan again.
- Add 1 handful of grated cheese to it and a little more seasonings if you want to.
- Serve best with grilled cheese toasties and also garnish with a little coriander leaves on top for more flavours.
I wasn’t enough trust me.One bowl of this goodness wasn’t enough for me. I had mine along with some grilled cheese toasties. And it was so addictive like at each bite you just keep wanting for more. It’s almost heaven like feeling for a foodie when you dip those toasties into your soup and eat from there on. AH-MAZ-ING! As I have said before you can have it with any roast. And it definitely completes your meal if you are having any meat as main for dinner.
I would like to say THANK YOU to all those who constantly check my blog and also who are always there to give feedback and also for those who show interest in my recipes. You don’t know how much it means to me to be sharing all these with you.It means a lot to have you around and always giving me constant support for this blog. So if you love soups,then you will definitely love this Carrot Soup. I am already thinking of my next one, the famous Tomato Basil Soup!
Take care and see you around later for more recipes from my kitchen.