Carbs! Carbs! Carbs! I just love them! Don’t you?
Aaahh Potatoes are the ultimate comfort foods. Oven fries,Potato Wedges,Potato Mash or even Potato Chowder! Don’t you love them all? I definitely have 2 servings of these every single time.I am hooked on Carbs and carbs aren’t that bad really.As long as you know how to balance their portion size with some alternative source of proteins. You can eat almost anything as long as it is in a small portion size really.Life is too short really not to eat those delicious Carbs! So do not hesitate whenever the urge to have some good healthy nutritious Carbs cravings take upon you.
Potato salad I guess is the most easy dish you can come up with and it is so filling as well. A small portion size along with the Sunday Roast and some crunchy salad.Voila you are fully fed up for the day I guess. Mum’s Potato Salad is a complete different salad from mine and also very delicious nonetheless. She makes up hers with boiled beetroots,soft boiled eggs and also some boiled carrots.All mixed up with a good drizzle of olive oil and some other garnishing on top. The Beetroot Potato Salad can almost be called a traditional food staple here in Mauritius.Pack with so much goodness and a very hearty meal as well. But I like mine with a little twist really. And it is nice to bring a little change to the normal from time to time.
Preparation time : 20 mins
Cooking time : 30 mins
- Medium sized Potatoes
- 5 Slices of Chicken Ham
- 5 Crab sticks
- 3 Birds Eye Green Chillies
- 1 finely chopped clove of Garlic
- 1 cup of Sweet Corn Kernel
- 1 cup of Sour Cream or Couple of Tsps of Plain Yogurt
- 1/2 a cup of finely Chopped Parsley
- 1 tsp of Dried Herbs
- 2 tsp of Mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 a cup of Spring Onions (Optional)
- Olive Oil
- Rinse the potatoes thoroughly under tap water and cut them into chunks.
- Boil the potatoes until mushy soft and strain.
- Slice your Chicken ham as well as the Crab Sticks.
- In a big bowl combine all the ingredients and mix together.
- Next add the cream and coat everything well.
- Drizzle over a little bit of Olive oil and finish off with a sprinkle of salt,pepper and dry herbs.
- Serve with some grilled cheese toasties.
So creamy delicious really! You will even want to lick the bowl trust me! When left in the fridge to chill for some good 1 hour,the flavours get even better.I put mine to rest in the fridge for a couple of hours before serving because I love how the taste develops itself. It makes a complete lunch on its own.You don’t even need any main to be honest.Especially for those on dieting,I would suggest this as a complete meal. Easy to go on weekdays and very simple to make and can easily be stored for a couple of days ahead as well.
I am sure there are better ways of making a scrummy Potato Salad and you can mix match with so many different things as well. If ever you have any particular favourite,do let me know in the comment section below.I would so gladly love trying your version of it.Potato is the ultimate comfort food,isn’t it?
See you around for some other delicious food posts.